ResLife Portal, the Resident Engagement Platform, is a residence life management system which helps to connect residents with residence life staff for student housing. We believe resident engagement is at the core of student housing, so we offer this integrated suite of modern residence life modules focused on resident engagement.
You make a difference, we help you track it.
First Program Evaluation Submitted
San Diego, California
(As of November 2020)
Excited to have organizations as members of our ResLife Portal family from these states within the United States.
Built from first-hand experience in residence life at a Division I university campus, ResLife Portal serves as a turn-key residence life management solution, focused on the engagement of your residents with your residence life staff members. This first-hand knowledge has proven valuable to provide a robust solution to increase efficiency and productivity for residence life staff.
Our system is a proprietary, web-based Software-as-a-Service product, hosted and delivered over the Internet to your institution. No hardware, software or dedicated IT personnel are needed. ResLife Portal is proudly designed and developed in San Diego, California, USA.
Since 2007, the mission of ResLife Portal has been to assist residence life staff at colleges and universities to dynamically track programming effectiveness, staff member performance expectations, and effective communication. In other words, to help residence life staff be more productive and efficient.
Read about our 10 year Anniversary (in 2017).
The system debuted for the 2007–2008 academic year with three main capabilities: Program Evaluations, Staff Member In-services, and Resident Points tracking. Created by Garofalo Enterprises, Inc.
- The system transitioned to a product with our first paid customer. At the time the system was named "myRAPortal."
- Version 3 of the system was released. Capabilities were separated into configurable modules. Also with version 3, a Program Proposals module and Funding module were added.
- The user interface layout was updated in Spring 2012, with the release of version 4.
- The system received a complete overhaul, increasing the mobile-friendly interface and performance.
- Version 5 focused on an enhancing the insights and data analysis of the system to further enable residence life teams to reallocate their time and funds towards better programs for their students. At version 5 a new business model was introduced offering both Paid Subscription plans as well as the Free Edition.
- Programming Pulse Report was launched
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Duty Schedules and Resident Milestones
- ResLife Portal exhibits at ACUHO-I 2017 Conference in Providence, Rhode Island
- August 2017 marked the 10-year Anniversary of the ResLife Portal.
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Residence Education / Curriculum Plans, Program Models, Program Sub-Categories (learning outcomes), and Duty Logs.
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Resident Trends and Resident Milestone Leaderboard for Resident Zones, and Two Factor Authentication
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Resident Assessment Surveys and Polls, Roommate Agreements, and Room Condition Records
- ResLife Portal exhibits at ACUHO-I 2018 Conference in Denver, Colorado
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Room Lockouts, Rooms of Concern, Mentors, and Single Sign-in Authentication [Beta] (with Okta, OneLogin, and SAML Shibboleth)
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Staff Selection, Applications, & Interviews; Visitor Logs; and, My Impact
- First publication of "State of a Modern ResLife Team: 2018 Trends Report"
- New features and enhancements were introduced: File Manager and Packages
- Publication of "State of a Modern ResLife Team: May 2019 Trends Report"
- ResLife Portal exhibits and presents at ACUHO-I 2019 Conference in Toronto, Canada
- Announced a new tagline: The Resident Engagement Platform
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Funding Requests and Equipment Items
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Staff Forms, Room Assignments - Temporary Assignments, and Single Sign-in Authentication (with Microsoft Azure)
- Over 170,000 resident interactions
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Incident Records and Student Conduct
- ResLifeEngage Instagram Challenges was launched as an opportunity for residence life teams to showcase their positive impact related to resident engagement
- COVID-19 Response, and Providing Assistance during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. Introduced offering a ResLife Portal - Lite Edition and a ResLife Portal - Beta Edition.
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Room Assignments - Housing Lottery, and Contact Tracing
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Room Assignments - Housing Selection and Time-Block Appointments
- ResLife Portal is honored to support "The 2020 Conversation: Engaging Self, Families, and Workplaces in Conversations around Gender, Race, and Sexuality" webinar on Monday, August 3, 2020 4:00pm Eastern Time. More information and register: bit.ly/The2020Conversation
- New features and enhancements were introduced: Resident Move-In, Maintenance Requests, and Financial.